Enter your name
Your E-mail address
1. What is Pemmican?
Dried Meat pressed into
A cooking utensil
2. What is a prismng utensil
2. What is a prismatic compass?
only marked with Ordinal points
with the disc marked in degrees
compass which will work even if near a magnet
3. What expedition was led by Old Scout Thor Heyerdahl?
4. What is meant by boxing the compass?
Putting it away
after an expedition
cross when you are lost, and throwing it away
all 32 points in order and backwards
5. In the Southern Hemisphere what constellation would help you find direction?
6. Who gave Youlbury Scout camp to the Scouts?
Sir Arthur Evans
7. What did Sir Arthur Evans discover?
Scouts in Russia
of the great civilisation of Crete
8. What is a back-bearing?
compass bearing derived from reading the compass then revolving through 180 degrees
compass bearing back to where you came from
from the point observed to the observer
9. Which 3 men were the first to orbit the earth in space?
Gagarin, Armstrong, Aldrin
Gagarin, Titov, Aldrin
Gagarin, Titov, Glenn
10. In which county would you be if you stayed at Hag Dyke Scout Hostel?