This months quiz is aimed at the Scout and Venture Scout section and is on simple
Scouting Skills: Camping, Map and Compass, Knotting and First Aid.
Enter your name
1. On an O.S. Landranger Map what is the symbol for a Youth Hostel?
The initials YH
A red triangle
A green Y
2.What is this a symbol for ?
An underground station
A bus station
3. To which of the following does a compass point?
4. What is the first thing that you do when you encounter an accident?
Assess your safety
5. What knot should be used to tie the ends of two ropes of equal
6. Which of these is not a use for a sheepshank?
Tightening ame="6" value="Tightening a guyline">Tightening a guyline
damaged section of rope
Shortening a rope
7. What type of lashing is a Japanese?
8. What would you storm lash?
A patrol tent
Two crossing spars
Two parallel spars
9. Why is a wet pit used?
To dispose of wet waste
To strain waste water
To wash up in
10. When should you water sods?
In the morning
In the evening
and Leaders `not until they're thirsty' is not a viable answer